St. Peter's Basilica
Opening hours: 7:00 am -7:00 pm (6:30 pm in winter)
Guided tours and audio guides are available from the welcome center located to the right of St. Peter's Square facing the Basilica. Please visit their website for more information.
The Vatican Museums website also offers combined guided tours of the Museums and the Basilica called the "Art and Faith Itinerary."
Mass times: For the most up-to-date schedule, please see the Vatican’s F.A.Q. WebPage.
For information about masses being said by the Holy Father and how to obtain tickets, please visit the website for the Prefecture of the Papal Household.
A virtual tour of St. Peter's Basilica may be found here.
Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica
(all masses in Italian unless otherwise noted)
- 8:30 a.m. Chapel of the Holy Sacrament (followed by Eucharistic Adoration until the 4:45 p.m. Benediction)
- 9:00, 10:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and noon Altar of St Joseph (left transept)
- 5:00 p.m. Altar of the Chair
- 9:00 a.m. Altar of the Chair
- 10:30 a.m. Altar of the Chair (in Latin)
- 11:30 a.m. Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament
- 12:15 p.m. Altar of the Chair
- 1:00 p.m. Altar of St. Joseph
- 4:00 p.m. Altar of the Chair
- 5:45 p.m. Altar of the Chair